The Tuesday Club: Toddla T, Shadow Child, Coco, Voltage & More!
Tuesday, 19 Sep 2017 at 11:00pm - Wednesday, 20 Sep 2017 at 3:30am
WE ARE THE TUESDAY CLUB
TUESDAY 19TH SEPTEMBER
The Tuesday Club is BACK! After our annual summer hiatus, TTC returns to The Foundry with an Autumn Season ram-packed with huge headline acts from across the dance music spectrum.
Sheffield’s prodigal son, Toddla T, makes a welcome return to the Steel City, fresh off the back of the release of his most recent album, ‘Foreign Light’.
Born and raised in Sheffield, but now residing in London with a long standing 1Xtra radio show and regular appearances at the likes of Fabric and Notting Hill Carnival. He’s been working hard in the studio the past few years, churning out hits for the likes of Ms.Dynamite, Roots Manuva, and more recently, Coco, and working with Andrea Martin, Stefflon Don and Wiley on his third studio album.
A consummate DJ, his sets incorporate all styles of bass music from Dancehall to Grime, Garage, Reggae and everything in between. From cutting his teeth playing in underground Sheffield raves, to making his TTC debut many moons ago, he has gone from strength to strength in becoming a figurehead in the dance music scene.
One of our favourite DJs in the scene right now (ok we might be a little biased!) we couldn’t think of anyone better to open The Tuesday Club’s 19th season than Toddla himself!
Shadow Child is a mainstay of UK club culture and has been at the forefront of house music both in Britain and worldwide for over a decade. Moving into a new phase of his lengthy career, the UK-based producer re-emerged in 2012 under his new guise, with debut release String Thing - an immediate house classic released on Claude Vonstroke’s Dirtybird imprint, and supported by the likes of Eats Everything and Annie Mac.
He’s since carved out a huge new status in the new era of house music, developing a sound that brings together the roots of his years in the scene – early rave, house and drum n bass – and the current wave of house. It’s this fusion of musical styles that really represents the ethos of The Tuesday Club, and his sets at the club always go off! Tonight will be no different.
Having soared in to 2016 being named in Mixmag, as one of Annie Mac’s artists to watch, Coco has proven over and above as to why he earned the title. Gaining an unprecedented amount of support from music tastemakers and fans, thanks to his intoxicating flows, witty and lyrical bars and his energetic punchlines, Coco has been regularly featured on the BBC Radio 1Xtra playlist with further support across Capital Xtra, Kiss FM, Nick Grimshaw’s Radio 1 Breakfast Show and even seen him deliver an almighty Fire in the Booth for BBC DJ Charlie Sloth https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onB7BP2DZAE
The summer is set to take the Sheffield ambassador to new levels once again having been named by Radio 1 DJ, Huw Stephens, to represent BBC Introducing on their stage at Glastonbury, which will be followed by performances at Bestival, Red Bull’s Manchester Carnival and Ibiza Rocks.
Despite an impromptu pop-up performance on the SU concourse for Red Bull in support of the release of his ‘Ingredients’ single back in April, this will be Coco’s first ever performance at The Tuesday Club and we can’t wait to see what he has in store for us!
Undoubtedly one of the most exciting acts to have emerged in drum & bass in recent years, King of The Rollers, Voltage is in huge demand as a multi-award winning DJ, producer and label owner. We witnessed him play the closing set at Hospitality Sheffield earlier this year and it’s safe to say that he tore the roof off! He’ll be shelling it down in Room 2 with an extended set, alongside some of the best up and coming DNB DJs in Sheffield right now – Motional and Hatchet.
Legendary Sheffield DJ, renowned turntablist and Tuesday Club resident Andy H will be performing not one but TWO sets for you lucky ravers, opening the main room before the likes of Toddla T and Shadow Child, and closing Room 2 with a DnB set after Voltage! If you’ve never witnessed a DnB set from Andy H (or even if you have) – you don’t want to miss this!
Tickets on sale 9am Thursday 17th August.
Sign up to The Tuesday Club on Facebook messenger to get priority access to presale tickets before anyone else.
Simply head to m.me/tuesdayclub.sheffield and hit 'Subscribe'
Sheffield Students’ Union
Open to all (18+)
Non Students welcome
Last entry 12:30am
SAFETY INFO >>>
- ID scanning is a condition of entry for ALL club nights at Sheffield SU. If you are unable to provide ID or a U-Card you will not be allowed entry, regardless of your age.
- If you’re drinking, be responsible and know your limits.
- Make sure you get home safe and with friends.
- If you’re worried about a friend, or if you see anybody who may need help, please let a member of staff know straight away.
- Keep an eye on your drinks and don’t leave them unattended.
- The Students’ Union has a zero tolerance policy toward drug use at its licensed venues. Searches will be in operation, as well as sniffer dogs for some events. Students found in possession of illegal substances will be banned for a minimum of 6 weeks and can face a lifetime ban. In extreme cases, students can be arrested and expelled from University. Non-students found in possession of illegal substances will be banned for life and in some circumstances can be arrested.
- Taking drugs bought from unknown sources can lead to life-threatening illnesses. Be aware of the current risks: www.talktofrank.com
- Free water & earplugs are available from behind the bar.
- Strobe lighting will be in use at the event.
Foundry , Sheffield Students' Union, Western Bank , Sheffield